Today was the worst. I am speaking literally when I say there was blood, sweat, and tears. I barely want to write this because I am so upset with myself right now. Read on if you must.
- Wordcount/Time Investment – 1074 in 3 hours. That is pathetic. It should say 2454 because I wrote 1380 (and bragged about it on Facebook) during the 10pm word war I mentioned yesterday. I was speeding away on Write or Die and when it came time to copy/paste, I pressed something other than [ctrl] and BOOM! The world imploded and my spirit broke. My words were gone and I was left with a ‘c’ instead of my Chapter 3. My blood pressure went up and I got a nosebleed, I cried and threw myself on the floor. My brother came in to soothe me and it helped…but then I relayed the episode to my boyfriend and reliving it made my body run hot because I got angry with myself.
- Discoveries – I do not handle defeat/setbacks well. I will not be using Write or Die anymore.
- Sacrifices – Blood, sweat, and tears. And maybe some dignity.
November PAD (Poem a Day) Chapbook Challenge
- Poem Writing Set – After I calmed down, I knew I was still behind, way behind. I was 593 words short of my daily total, I had no poem for Day 3, and I hadn’t written this entry yet. The poem would be the best diversion. I grabbed my notebook and started, while my boyfriend was still keeping my company on video chat. It reads like a limerick but I think it has soul. Still a first draft, but I think it will do. Late poeming secured my sanity.
- Discoveries – Poetry will always do more for me than I will ever do for the art.
- Sacrifices – By this time, sniffles.
My sit-up-and-act-like-an-adult call came in an email from a friend thanking me for my help in proofreading his manuscript. I’m indebted to you too, Jim.