So yesterday sucked. I took that negative energy and cranked out my best day yet. I also had an awesome nap while it rained.
- Wordcount/Time Investment – 3171 words in 3+ hours. Totally kicked yesterday’s butt. I woke up early to write, I wrote after my Writing Group meeting, and did my daily word war at 10pm. I miss the crazy blinking from Write or Die, but I am enjoying the security of 750words.com. I think that is a good trade.
- Discoveries – I have to keep reminding myself that this is a personal challenge – not a typing competition. I have to keep reminding myself this is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this and I need to think rationally. I am not like ANY other writer. The book Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was written during NaNoWriMo (more).
- Sacrifices – I did not attend the nighttime critique group as I had planned. I was hoping to test out some of my first chapter on real life readers and get some early editing done. That is probably for the better.
November PAD (Poem a Day) Chapbook Challenge
- Poem Writing Set – I didn’t use my notebook today. I wrote it right there in the comments section underneath today’s prompt. I really liked the idea of Containment as a springboard. It filled my day with internal note taking and conversations with myself.
- Discoveries – People read my poems! I know that seems silly to say because they are out there on the internet, but still! I thought I had mistyped something when I was looking over my copy of “Conscious Life” so I searched my name using [ctrl+F] and I found a comment about my poem. Needless to say, it encouraged me to leave comments about other poet’s attempts. I am excited to read more about each one of them (they are soooo good).
- Sacrifices – A page in my spiral bound notebook. It has nothing on it except “Day 4” circled at the top.