|Word Cloud for “Sudden Awareness” and “Voices in My Heart”|
Since I already have a blog (it’s what you’re reading!), the task for Day 5 is to strategize and make efforts to improve my blog’s effectiveness. Here are five tips I consider essential to blogging success that I will be using to help Maximum Exposure become a better place for you–the readers:
- Figure out blogging goals – When I began this blog, I thought I needed to have one because I claim the titles of “poet” and “writer,” but that is never quite enough. I want to be able to share my writing, things I’ve learned about writing, and other related experiences with people like me. Here are my blogging goals, though they aren’t limited to these three:
- To share practical tips and insights about the writing life
- To inspire people to write
- To create a place of community for literary aficionados.
- Create a backlog of posts and schedule them to post automatically on the same day every week
- Write short posts
- Set aside an hour or two (and maybe use a timer too) every week as “blogging time” and establish a content creation routine
What are your thoughts on Blogging? What’s in it for you?